Thursday 11 June 2009

my creative space

well, actually, its not so much my space this week. it really belongs to a photographer and two engineers... see, i bought this amazing print from the very talented Ilona Nelson about a month or so ago. but it has just been leaning up on the dining table since then for two reasons. 1 - i couldn't decide which wall to hang it on and 2 - it weighs about 7kgs, and i was worried that about how to make sure that when i did hang it, it didn't then fall back off the wall. so last night two of the engineers in my life put their heads together and using nothing more than a screw, a pencil, a coathanger and a strip of material, they managed to hang the print in such a way that they assure me it will stay up. creative engineering with found objects from around the house - i love it! join in with kirsty here

7 comments:

littlelovelies said...

wow, she has an amazing gallery of prints! No wonder you wanted to hang it perfectly!

p.s. I am hosting a sponsored giveaway for a beautiful handcarved stamp - you can enter here.

x nadine
little lovelies

Gina said...

Oh, I actually think the whole picture you've taken is creative... with the yellow chair echoing that amazing print, and the unpretentious ironing board in the mix! Rocking!

Lucy Bowler said...

We usually use the 'oracle' around here for our picture hanging - my step-father has great skill with this and is teaching my husband his tricks. Stuff called spaghetti usually helps to hold things into the wall, that's the limit of my knowledge!

Anonymous said...

Yes, very thrifty indeed. I just hope it stays up, heavy things hanging on walls make me nervous. At least it's not above a bed! I use toggle hooks for jobs like that but you do have to drill a rather large hole in the wall. And you have to pay for them!!

Kirsty said...

Oh yes...most important. I'm very casual with just banging stuff into the plaster board. Naughty.

Muddlepud said...

I always joke with my hubby that you can fix anything with some tape and a paperclip. Hurrah for engineers who know how to hang things! :)

belinda marshall said...

definitely skills required there~ looks good :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails