Thursday 17 December 2009

oaty, grainy, honey bread

this is my second favourite bread - its a new one that i have made a couple of times now and i am loving it, so i thought i would share...



oaty, grainy, honey bread

1 1/4 cups water
2 tbs milk powder
2 tbs butter
2 tbs honey
1 1/12 tsp salt
2 cups wholemeal flour
1 cup white flour
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup mixed grains
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds

i throw it all into my breadmaker and put it on the dough setting (my wrists are dodgy and unfortunately not up kneading it myself) and then i pop it into a bread tin for the second rise.

once it has doubled, bake at 180 degrees C, for about 40 min.

mmm, fresh bread!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Yum yum yum!!!
Me thinks we might be making some of your bread for our Christmas breakfast.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Sayraphim said...

It certainly makes great toast :)

Mookah Studio said...

Mmmm...I'm quite fussy about my bread for toast in the mornings. I migth have to give it a go. I love nice heavy wholemeal bread with lots of grains for goodness.

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails