A good friend of mine is due in a few weeks and I wanted to make her little bub something. Instead of making the easy-peasy booties I've made before, I thought I'd try something a little more challenging - crocheted baby ugg boots. But after a many frustrations and a redoings, all I had to show for my time was this:
Not really very ugg-boot like - more slouch boots that were never going to stay on a little ones foot...
So, take two: I found another pattern, that looked lovely - cute and simple booties. I began enthusiastically but, typically, without really paying attention to size, tension, hook size, wool ply - you know those things that all important when following a pattern. The net result being a finished bootie that would barely fit a doll.
So, take three: Adjusting the pattern size to make up for the fact I couldn't find the right sized hook and getting out one of little-miss-e's old booties for comparison, and so far take three is a winner!
Now the challenge (as always) is to finish the booties before the baby arrives!
show and tell and with my creative space.
DIY Yourself Some Cheery, Sprinkle-filled Soap!
14 hours ago