Monday 4 May 2009

when i can crochet...

i had this brilliant idea. i was going to crochet my mum a present for mother's day and seeing she lives interstate - i have to have it finished by, well, tomorrow. but there is a slight flaw in my plan. i still can't crochet. ok, so i haven't actually been practicing, (i've been busy learning to do origami, but that is another story). so my mum's mother's day present is going to be a wee bit late this year. still, i thought i would share the plan with you. i am going to make her some fridge butterflies - like these... these were my grandmother's, they were on her fridge as long as i can remember, and now they live on mine. my grandmother was a very crafty woman, and very talented, but i know that she actually couldn't crochet (which may be where i get my lack of crocheting from). so i don't know who actually made these, but i thought my mum would really like some for herself. and they are pretty easy to make (as long as you can crochet). make a circle, fold in half. tie something in the middle for a body - the orange one has braiding and the brown one has a pipe cleaner. and then stick a little magnet on the back, and post to your mum. or just put them on your fridge. or your friend's fridge. and enjoy...

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

The little butterflies are really sweet.

Anonymous said...

C'mon, you can do it, you can do it. Pleeeeese - if I can, ANYONE can! All my practice was 'on the job' so to speak. You can just about pick my first granny squares from the bundle I've made. Doesn't it add to the charm??? Perhaps you should just get your practice making butterflies for your mum! I'm sure she'd LOVE that. Hey, and don't forget to show us when you're done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails